Katie L Oakley

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Been busy crafting tonight!

Tonight, i've been quite busy making these:



This one is done using the template for a Rocking card on hammered effect card. Ive used a blue piece of card for the layers, and stuck on a Lili of the Valley die cut which I think is rather cute! I have made the polar bear 'sit' on glitter so it looks a bit like snow. However, im not happy with the finished look, it needs something else... Any reccommendations welcome please! :)



This one I have used red marble effect card stock for the actual card and the layer. I have coloured in the Forever Friends bear using Reeves watercolour pencils and added some glitter. The white fluffy stuff is a thread I bought for my cross stitches but I cannot use it so thought it would look well. I have added a metal 'Made with Love' charm and some peel offs.



This one I have used the hammered effect card again, and cross stitched Santa getting stuck in the chimney. I think its quiet comical and have stamped the card with christmas greetings, and used some peel offs for the sentiment.



I have used red and black card stock (Black for the layering!) and a piece of organza ribbon. I stitched this cute penguin a year ago so I have put him to good use this year! I have embelleshed the card with some little red dots that were gifted to me by Lynn :)

I am making a load of cards this year because I am hoping to get some sent off to a lady called Wendy who sticthes cards for a cat rescue centre where she lives.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ginnie said...

I love your cards - especially the cute penquin one.

9 October 2008 at 21:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of your cards they are so adorable. I think the polar bear could use some small flakes or something coming down like snow?

10 October 2008 at 05:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katie

Great cards, the penguin is my favourite. He must have taken ages to stitch.

Well done

Billie

10 October 2008 at 19:37  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home